Terms and Conditions
- Privacy Notice
- Official Languages Notice
- Using Files Located on Non-Government of Canada Servers
- Hyperlinking Notice
- Reproduction of Government Symbols
- Copyright / Permission to Reproduce
- Non-commercial Reproduction
- Commercial Reproduction
- Trademark Notice
- Our Commitment to Accessibility
- Web Analytics
- The Office of the Commissioner for Federal Judicial Affairs Canada Web sites do not automatically gather any specific personal information from you, such as your name, phone number or e-mail address. We would only obtain this type of information if you supply it by sending us an e-mail or registering in a secure portion of the site.
- All personal information held or collected by this department is protected under the federal Privacy Act. This means that at any point of collection you will be asked for consent to collect your information, and you will be informed of the purpose for which it is being collected and how to exercise your right of access to that information.
- The Office of the Commissioner for Federal Judicial Affairs Canada employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage. This software receives and records the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the computer that has contacted our Web site, the date and time of the visit and the pages visited. We make no attempt to link these addresses with the identity of individuals visiting our site unless an attempt to damage the site has been detected.
- The Office of the Commissioner for Federal Judicial Affairs Canada occasionally uses "cookies" to track how our visitors use this site or to determine sites previously visited. The cookies we use do not allow us to identify individuals. They are compiled into statistical information on traffic patterns and are used to assess site efficiency. The system will notify you before any cookies are used so that you may refuse them, and the refusal of cookies will not affect the site performance or restrict your ability to access information from this site. (A "cookie" is a file that may be placed on your hard drive without your knowledge by a Web site to allow it to monitor your use of the site.)
- Information on individual visitors is used by the Office of the Commissioner for Federal Judicial Affairs Canada employees who need to know the information in order to respond to your request or to ensure the security of this system. We only share the information you give us with another government department if your inquiry relates to that department. We do not use the information to create individually identifiable profiles, nor do we disclose this information to anyone outside the federal government.
- Any message, which you may send to the Webmaster for this site, will go to a third-party, an organization which is not part of the federal government. Information concerning the functioning of the site is provided to the Webmaster so that they can propose adjustments to the site to maximize its effectiveness. The third-party organization is bound by a contract with the Office of the Commissioner for Federal Judicial Affairs Canada to treat any personal information they receive in relation to this Web site as though it is covered by the provisions of the Privacy Act. Any questions, concerns or complaints you may have about how the third-party organization is handling personal information from this site should be directed to the Office of the Commissioner for Federal Judicial Affairs Canada Privacy Co-ordinator as listed below.
Questions or comments regarding this policy, or the administration of the Privacy Act by the Commissioner for Federal Judicial Affairs may be directed to the Privacy Co-ordinator by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 1 613 995-5140 or 1 877 583-4266 (toll free) or writing to:
Office of the Commissioner for Federal Judicial Affairs Canada
99 Metcalfe Street, 8th floor
Ottawa (Ontario) K1A 1E3
Fax: 1 613 995-5615
If you are not satisfied with our response to your privacy concern, you may wish to contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner.
The Office of the Commissioner for Federal Judicial Affairs Canada respects the Official Languages Act and the relevant Treasury Board policies, and is committed to ensuring all information and services on this site is available in both English and French (or in one language only if a unilingual office). However, users should be aware that some information from external sources that are not subject to the Act is only provided as a convenience and is available only in the language in which it was provided.
To improve the functionality of Government of Canada websites, certain files (such as open source libraries, images and scripts) may be delivered automatically to your browser via a trusted third-party server or content delivery network. The delivery of these files is intended to provide a seamless user experience by speeding response times and avoiding the need for each visitor to download these files. Where applicable, specific privacy statements covering these files are included in our Privacy Notice.
Links to Web sites not under the control of the Government of Canada (GoC) are provided solely for the convenience of users. The GoC is not responsible for the accuracy, currency or the reliability of the content. The GoC does not offer any guarantee in that regard and is not responsible for the information found through these links, nor does it endorse the sites and their content.
Users should be aware that information offered by non-GoC sites that are not subject to the Official Languages Act and to which the Office of the Commissioner for Federal Judicial Affairs Canada links, may be available only in the language(s) used by the sites in question.
The official symbols of the Government of Canada, including the "Canada" wordmark, the Arms of Canada, and the flag symbol may not be reproduced, whether for commercial or non-commercial purposes, without written authorization. Request for authorization from the Treasury Board Secretariat may be addressed to:
Federal Identity Program
Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat
300 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa, Canada K1A 0R5
Materials on this Web site were produced and/or compiled by the Office of the Commissioner for Federal Judicial Affairs Canada for the purpose of providing Canadians with direct access to information about the programs and services offered by the Government of Canada.
The material on this site is covered by the provisions of the Copyright Act, by Canadian laws, policies, regulations and international agreements. Such provisions serve to identify the information source and, in specific instances, to prohibit reproduction of materials without written permission.
Information on this site has been posted with the intent that it be readily available for personal and public non-commercial use and may be reproduced, in part or in whole and by any means, without charge or further permission from the Office of the Commissioner for Federal Judicial Affairs Canada. We ask only that:
- Users exercise due diligence in ensuring the accuracy of the materials reproduced;
- The Office of the Commissioner for Federal Judicial Affairs Canada be identified as the source department; and,
- The reproduction is not represented as an official version of the materials reproduced, nor as having been made, in affiliation with or with the endorsement of the Office of the Commissioner for Federal Judicial Affairs Canada.
Unless otherwise specified, you may not reproduce materials on this site, in whole or in part, for the purposes of commercial redistribution without prior written permission from the Office of the Commissioner for Federal Judicial Affairs.
Some of the content on this site may be subject to the copyright of another party. Where information has been produced or copyright is not held by Government of Canada, the materials are protected under the Copyright Act, and international agreements. Details concerning copyright ownership are indicated on the relevant page(s).
To obtain permission to reproduce Government of Canada materials on this site for commercial purposes or to obtain additional information concerning copyright ownership and restrictions, please contact us.
The official symbols of the Government of Canada, including the Canada Wordmark, the Arms of Canada, and the flag symbol may not be reproduced, whether for commercial or non-commercial purposes, without prior written authorization.
The Government of Canada is committed to achieving a high standard of accessibility as defined in the Standard on Web Accessibility and the Standard on Optimizing Websites and Applications for Mobile Devices. In the event of difficulty using our Web pages, applications or device-based mobile applications, please contact us for assistance or to obtain alternative formats such as regular print, Braille or another appropriate format.
Web analytics is the collection, analysis, measurement, and reporting of data about Web traffic and visits for purposes of understanding and optimizing Web usage. Information in digital markers may be used for the purpose of web analytics to remember your online interactions with FJA's website.
FJA uses Google Analytics to improve its web site. When your computer requests an FJA Web page, our institution collects the following types of information for Web analytics:
- the originating IP address
- the date and time of the request
- the type of browser used
- the page(s) visited
FJA uses Google Analytics internally and retains information collected for Web analytics for a maximum period of 18 months. After this period, the information must be disposed of in accordance with the Standard on Privacy and Web Analytics and as authorized by the Librarian and Archivist of Canada. The information is not disclosed to an external third party service provider.
- Date modified: